The withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union
Working with a number of the worlds largest banks, our teams are advising clients on strategy and planning, as well as providing experts to deliver on some of the key challenges, be they infrastructure, regulatory, risk or compliance-related.
Our focus has been on helping London based institutions establish fully operational subsidiaries in The Netherlands, so as to be able to service EU26 based clients post 31st December 2020.
We have expertise that range from helping to mobilise Brexit Programs right through the complete delivery cycle to successfully executing the first trades.
Examples of areas where we have assisted and provided expertise include:
- A business case for regulatory review and approval
- Establishing a DNO process
- Board-level advisory and strategy
- Designing Brexit plans, front to back for all asset classes and business functions
- Oversight and day to day management of Technology and Operations focused streams, delivering changes to hundreds of core platforms
- Guidance with regards to the Treasury function, specifically the establishment of a Target2 and Target2S capability
- Provision of trading expertise and other niche skills such as heads of Treasury or Risk
- For one client a complete fully functioning trading subsidiary was delivered in less than 20 months
Do you want to discuss Brexit and your plans for establishing your operations in The Netherlands? Contact our Amsterdam office.
CAPITAL RESOLUTION ˈ/ˈkapɪt(ə)l rɛzəˈluːʃ(ə)n/
The sale of assets, the exiting of clients and the closure of supporting infrastructure so as to release capital back to the balance sheet and remove cost from the business
Infinium was engaged by the NV Managing Board to play a key role in the wind-down of their EU network business.
- Working for the Head of Operations (EMEA) for a major commercial bank, the Infinium team played a key role in the off-boarding of all clients as part of a controlled wind-down and closure of the banks’ network business across 19 countries.
- The initiative was one of the largest corporate banking wind-downs to date, and involved 22,000 Corporate clients, 110,000 accounts, in excess of £1.6tn in assets, (more than the value of Italy’s economy) in 19 EMEA countries, covering Cash and Trade (GTS) business, as well as unwinding the more complex cash pool and pledge structures that were in existence
- The program was delivered in 2 years and focused not just on capital reduction but also ensuring that all of the cost was removed from the business, with all local branches being closed and licences handed back
Are you looking to wind-down parts of a large banking business, with multiple asset classes and in a number of locations? Contact our Amsterdam office if you would like to discuss our capabilities in more detail.
The single euro payments area (SEPA) is a system of transactions created by the European Union (EU).
Infinium was engaged by a major EU based commercial bank to deliver SEPA solution for 18 European countries.
The delivery of the platform was running behind schedule and there was a requirement to deliver at pace with a small focused team so as to ensure compliance with the SEPA payment schemes (SCT – Sepa Credit Transfers and SDD – Sepa Direct Debits).
Key deliverables included:
- The design and base-lining of a key set of plans
- The production of a set of business requirement and solution design specifications
- Vendor management and oversight
- The creation of test cases and test plans
- The System Integration (SIT) and User Acceptance (UAT) of the platform
- Go-live and run book support
- Post live support and issue management
Do you want to discuss payment-related challenges? Contact our Amsterdam office.